Become an Analytics Leader
Johns Hopkins Medicine LEADS (Leadership in Analytics and Data Science) is a data stewardship leadership program for analysts hosted by the Technology Innovation Center in partnership with the Johns Hopkins Medicine Data Trust.
Participants benefit from weekly lectures and workshops that build knowledge in theories and methodologies related to health care data compilation, analysis and utilization. LEADS cultivates analytic leadership by introducing innovative technologies and offering the experience of community and growth.
Annual cohorts are made up of an interdisciplinary group of faculty and students who are members of one or more of the Johns Hopkins Medicine Data Trust analytic teams.
Students who are not yet Data Trust members gain mentorship and experience needed to join a Data Trust team.Apply
Skill Building Topics
- Data Trust Operations & Policy
- Project Design & Management
- Accessing Epic Data
- Epic Reporting Tools: SQL
- BI Tools: Tableau & Jupyter
- ETL Tools: MuleSoft
- Process Maturity
- Precision Medicine Architecture
- Data Security & Governance
- & More...
Who can Participate
Data Trust Team Members, Project Analysts, Project/Administrators & Managers, Software Engineers, Report Writers, System Architects
Data Trust Team Leads, IT Managers & Directors, Informatics Professors & Analytics Managers & Directors
Local Industry Leaders in Healthcare Data & Analytics
- Full-time faculty or staff at Johns Hopkins
- Available for mid-day Wednesday sessions on the Johns Hopkins Hospital campus
- Have basic understanding of Business Intelligence tools & structured querying languages
- Use analytics in the majority of their day-to-day work
- Would like involvement in the greater analytics effort at Johns Hopkins
Dates and Deadlines
- Applications Open: June 19
- Applications Close: August 2
- Cohort Announced: Late August
- Program Begins: September 18
- Final Event: March 25, 2020
Students: $4000 (may be covered by a sponsoring department or through other means). We cannot accept tuition remission at this time.
Faculty & Speakers: Free