Have a Start-Up Idea?
Johns Hopkins Medicine Hexcite (Excited for Healthcare) is an early-stage medical software accelerator program for entrepreneurs hosted by the Johns Hopkins Medicine Technology Innovation Center in collaboration with Johns Hopkins Technology Ventures.
Care providers with an idea who are eager to drive change within their practice are matched with business, design, and technical team members to work together in creating a software solution that will improve patient care.
Weekly, expert-led pre-accelerator help teams navigate the first steps of business and technical design using the Lean Start-up methodology which focuses on growing a business with maximum acceleration.
Following the 16-weeks of inventive programming and mentorship, Hexcite teams are prepared to build their technology with the TIC, conduct an internal pilot at Johns Hopkins, and launch a Baltimore start-up.
Skill Building Topics
- Team Building & Design Thinking
- Customer Interviews & Business Model Canvas
- Pitch Training
- UX/UI Design & Wireframing
- Agile Software Development Techniques
- Feature Discovery & Prioritization
- Legal, Disclosure, & IP Protection
- Clinical Pilot Planning
- Translational Funding
- & More...
Who can Participate
Clinical faculty or staff from JHM or its affiliates
JH administrators, local entrepreneurs & graduate students majoring in business
Undergraduate or graduate students in design-related majors
Undergraduate or graduate students majoring in computer science or information systems
- Local to Baltimore on Friday afternoons from January to May
- Can commit 10-20+ hours per week
- Have clinical or entrepreneurial start-up experience
Dates and Deadlines
- Applications Open: August 2019
- Applications Close: TBD
- Cohort Announced: TBD
- Program Begins: January 2020
- Final Pitch: TBD
Clinical Leads: $5000 (may be covered by a sponsoring department or through other means). We cannot accept tuition remission at this time.
Business, Design and Technical Leads: Free