Lead with Precision Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine CAMP is hosted by the Technology Innovation Center, the inHealth Initative, the Institute for Clinical and Translation Research (ICTR), and the Division of Health Science Informatics (DHSi)
CAMP, the Center of Excellence Analytics in Medicine Program, trains participants in the Precision Medicine Analytics Platform (PMAP). The program is a John Hopkins initative to accelerate biomedical research by combining EMR, medical imaging, physiological monitoring, and genomics into a cloud-baesd big data platform.
In this 12-week prepatory course, participants will learn how to significantly improve their data collection methods and leverage machine learning algorithms in order to exit the program with a concrete data projection that includes a draft proposal for IRB and a data management plan.
CAMP is open to all research teams who are interest in applying to create a Precision Medicine Center of Excellence (PMCOE).
Skill Building Topics
- Precision Medicine Analytics Platform
- Grant Writing, IRB & Data Trust
- JH Resource Partners & Epic Data Sources
- Deep Learning for Medical Imaging
- Genomics EMR Integration
- Physiological Monitoring & Wearables
- Natural Language Processing
- SQL & Data Projection
- Jupyter Notebook
- & More...
Who can Participate
JH administrators, local entrepreneurs & graduate students majoring in business
Undergraduate or graduate students in design-related majors
Undergraduate or graduate students majoring in computer science or information systems
- Led by a Clinical Researcher who is faculty at Johns Hopkins
- Available for mid-day Monday sessions on the Johns Hopkins Hospital campus
- Have a prospective grant to fund a research project
- Has interest in utilizing PMAP in a grant application
- Is interested in applying for a PMCOE
- Ten teams will be accepted into the program with 2-4 participants in each team
Dates and Deadlines
- Applications Close: TBD
- Cohort Announce: TBD
- Program Begins: TBD
- Final Event: TBD
Research Team: $3000 (may be covered by a sponsoring department or through other means). We cannot accept tuition remission at this time.
Faculty & Speakers: Free