Lead with Precision Medicine
Johns Hopkins Medicine CAMP is hosted by the Technology Innovation Center, the inHealth Initative, the Institute for Clinical and Translational Research (ICTR), and the Division of Health Science Informatics (DHSi)
CAMP, the Center of Excellence Analytics in Medicine Program, trains participants in the Precision Medicine Analytics Platform (PMAP). The program is a John Hopkins initative to accelerate biomedical research by combining EMR, medical imaging, physiological monitoring, and genomics into a cloud-based big data platform.
In this 12-week prepatory course, participants will learn how to significantly improve their data collection methods and leverage machine learning algorithms in order to exit the program with a concrete data projection that includes a draft proposal for IRB and a data management plan.
CAMP is open to all research teams who are interested in applying to create a Precision Medicine Center of Excellence (PMCOE).
Skill Building Topics
- Precision Medicine Analytics Platform
- Grant Writing, IRB & Data Trust
- JH Resource Partners & Epic Data Sources
- Deep Learning for Medical Imaging
- Genomics EMR Integration
- Physiological Monitoring & Wearables
- Natural Language Processing
- SQL & Data Projection
- Jupyter Notebook
- & More...
Who can Participate
Clinical Research Leads
Johns Hopkins clinical faculty leading a research project that is aiming to combine a complex data source with EMR data
Johns Hopkins faculty or staff involved in an existing research project led by a clinical researcher
APL Scientists, Johns Hopkins health IT professionals & Johns Hopkins researchers
- Led by a Clinical Researcher who is a faculty at Johns Hopkins
- Available for mid-day Monday sessions on the Johns Hopkins Hospital campus
- Have a prospective grant to fund a research project
- Has interest in utilizing PMAP in a grant application
- Is interested in applying for a PMCOE
- Ten teams will be accepted into the program with 2-4 participants in each team
Dates and Deadlines
- Applications Open: July 1
- Applications Close: July 31
- Cohort Announced: August 2
- Program Begins: September 9
- Final Event: December 2
Research Team: $3000 (may be covered by a sponsoring department or through other means). We cannot accept tuition remission at this time.
CAMP Faculty & Speakers: Free